From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:40:38 -0500
Jose E. Dominguez wrote:

> Good evening:
>
> I hope someone out there can help me. I have a friend that has an old
> Digital 386 running mail sorting software on a mail sorting system. His
> hard drive is beginning to show signs of wear and tear and he would like
> back up the contents and transfer them to a new PC.
>
> One of the problems is that the floppy drive is not working. I've taken
> the drive out of the Digital and installed it in another PC, used Auto
> Detect to setup the drive but I can't read it. This could very well be
> because the parameters used on the drive are not the ones that the drive
> was originally setup with. The thing is we can't get into the setup of
> the Digital PC to see the actual parameters, or check to see if the
> floppy is even setup. He was told that the problem is that the Digital
> PCs used a different format than the rest, he was also told that if he
MicroHouse has a utility that should be able to tell you what the
paramaters are, both suggested and currently used.  It's called MH-IDE.
If you can't find it, let me know.

--
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639