From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:11:32 -0500
Printing to an attached, local printer uses the temp folder, doesn't it?
Its something I can't remember ever checking.  Move the temp folder by
putting

set temp=d:\temp
set tmp=d:\temp

lines in  C:\autoexec.bat
where d: is the second drive (or e or f etc.)
I use a network solution that shares a network printer definition that
exists on a server, which in turn is pointing to a port on a different
network node.  So the server acts only as the disk for spooling, the
physical printer and device driver is attached to a different host.  It
works beause the server is 24/7 but in a secure location inaccessible to
users, the host for the printer is accessible to users, but is not up all
the time.  So print requests are delayed, rather than lost, if the host or
printer go off-line.
Tom Turak