From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:49:40 -0400
Go to start/settings/printers, right click on the networked printer and choose the details tab.  Look at the drop down with all the ports and make sure it is set to print to the print server port.  When you installed it to the print server, did you run the setup as a network printer? If the two printers are one and the same you will have to change the print to port each time you use it.

>Hi,
>
>I need help with the printer server part of my very simple local network.
>
>Specs:
>Netgear Cable/dsl Prosafe Firewall/Print Server FR114P
>Desktop running 98SE
>Laptop running XP Home
>HP Deskjet 990c printer
>
>Both computers connect to the internet ok, through the router.
>
>I want to share the printer through the router.  The printer works fine
>when communicating with each computer directly, using each computer's
>parallel port.
>
>When I try to print a test page from the 98 machine, using the properties
>of the supposedly networked printer, the other printer prints, not the
>printer that's hooked up to the router. (that printer is directly hooked up
>to the 98 machine)  When I hit the printer icon on the XP machine, that
>same non-networked printer spits out a page with "Unsupported
>Personality:  UNKNOWN" printed at the top of the page.  Then, when I try to
>print a test page using the XP's networked printer properties, no page
>prints.
>
>Now I'm lost in all the networking chaos.  The Netgear manual says go here,
>do this, but Windows networking wizards don't seem to say the same
>thing...or maybe I'm just not getting it.
>
>Help, please.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.