Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:35:22 -0500
I have a Lexmark Z605 that I purchased at Wal-Mart for my sons computer for
$49.95. It's a pretty good deal it came with a photo paper and photo editing
software package. Lexmark's are a little slow because they rely on system
memory but printing text shouldn't be too bad. If you have a fairly new
machine, at least 128meg of memory it should print at a good speed. This
printer is also billed as a photo quality printer. I have printed quite a
few photo's on it and for the most part it does pretty well. As for ink
costs the original Lexmark cartridges are expensive for the amount of ink
you get. I have found that aftermarket inks work very well in this printer.
I have used one set of remanufactured ink cartridges bought at Wal-Mart
under the Nu-cote brand and refilled both the original and the aftermarket
cartridges with a ink refill kit from InkTec that I bought online at
Inksell.com. The kit I bought was about $53.00 and it contains two bottles
of each color ink B/C/Y/M and all necessary tools to refill the cartridges.
I have refilled about 6 times and have hardly put a dent in the bottles of
ink, it is a awesome value. For less than the price of two new cartridges
you can refill them several times. My son doesn't print a whole lot and his
printer may not get turned on for a couple of weeks at a time and I haven't
had a problem with it drying out or clogging. Basically for the price of the
printer and if you don't mind refilling your own ink cartridges you can't
beat this printer.

 Larry Knox

> > I need an inexpensive printer.
> > I m not into graphics or color printing. I need to print a sheet a day
or
> > so, some recipi for my wife or an email message from a relative to show
> > other members of the family , or nutrition advice from a web site etc,
> >
> > A general dependability with less repair work will do. Less expensive
the
> > better in such a situation. Please indicate brand name and model number
> > too.
> > Thanx
> >
> > Jagpal S Tiwana

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,