From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:54:57 -0500
I have just gone thru this.  What I did was to go to
settings/control panel/system/device manager/???
which means that I am not sure which was next,
(system?) but there was a yellow thing in the
PCI list.  When I clicked on that, it gave me
the option to install a driver and browse
to the disk that had the driver on it.  Then
it installed the driver ok and found com3.
(Windows could not find it thru its normal
search for hardware.)

BTW, I had the same trouble with the
Soundblaster PCI 64, and I was able
to solve it the same way.