From:
Clinton A Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:46:08 -0500
Hi George,

You can use all of the 2Gig drive now.
It's just broken into two partitions.
I do this on purpose on the systems I build, (And sometimes sell.)
Partition 1 (Drive C:) has the operating system.
Partition 2 (Drive D:) has the data files. (documents, spreadsheets,
e-mail, photos, etc)
That way if the operating system gets corrupted or you find yourself in
need of a reformat and reinstall of Windows, you do not loose your
important files.
This also helps people who have not developed good back-up habits.
Or do not have a floppy drive or CD burner to back up to.
Note that this will not help the user if there is a hardware failure
involving the drive itself.

If you still want to recover all of your storage space in one partition
then you will need
to delete all the partitions and create one partition with all the usable
space allocated to it.
Caution, this will delete all data on both partitions!
You can use FDISK (Free) that is on your operating system installation
disk or startup floppy disk.
You will then need to format the new partition and reload your choice of
operating system, (Windows, Linux, etc)

If you have a copy of any of the partition manager softwares on the
market, (I do not know of any free ones),
then changing your partitions around should be easier. (I have never used
one)

Hope this helps,

Clint Worley
Worley Technologies
(Not a big company, just me :)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:44:28 -0400 George <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Hi
> I am trying to get partition information on a 2 GB drive.
> The "Display Partition Information" is as follows;
>
> Partition Status   Type    VL  Mbytes System Usage
>   C:1          A    PRI DOS        1049    FAT16   52%
>      2                EXT DOS          965                48%
>
> Total disk space is 2014 Mbytes
> The usable disk space is 1049 Mbytes as shown for PRI DOS.
> My question is can the "EXT DOS" part be deleted and the 965 Mbytes
> be added to the "PRI DOS" so that I can use all of the 2 GB's.
> Thank you in advance for any information.
> George Newlark
>
>                The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>               Mandrake Linux or Red Hat Linux CD sets along
>              with the OpenOffice CD...  at a great price!!!
>              http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

Get your name as your email address.