From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2014 13:36:50 -0700
>"Microsoft pushes back Windows 8.1 Update deadline by another month
>30 days to install Windows 8.1 Update.

This statement is in regards to ENTERPRISE =  corporate users and has
nothing to do with individual users. If you have tens of thousands of
users /  employees in your corporate network it takes time to test,
and setup protocols to do an update.

> > I don't know if this applies to Tablets or other devices running
> Windows 8.0,

Microsoft doesn't decide when devices bought from cellular
carries  get updated .... the cellular provider does because they
also update the firmware with their own brand. But if you bought your
phone or tablet outright then you can do a update to 8.1 now.

>but I suspect it might, since there has been an update to 8.1 along
>the lines of a Service Pack. I had updated my daughter's laptop to
>Windows 8.1 PRO x64 before she moved 3000 miles away

Windows 8 went to version 8.1 and it ships now as VERSION 8.1.
Recently Windows 8.1 just had it's recent <Update> without a
number... nothing else.. just Update. It is the press that sometimes
refers to it as Update 1. MS has specifically said, at last months
developer conference, that it is NOT an all inclusive service pack
type update, and it was reported that  MS has indicated that there
will be another one of these <Updates> in August ,but who knows. It
is also reported that MS has indicated that there are no plans for
any all inclusive service pack type update to windows 8.1. I think,
with 8.1,  MS wants to be able to control this dynamically which
forces all users to update online as needed.

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>