Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:17:36 +1000
I do not recommend this, but what you could try is pretty simple, and risky.

first, make sure you have good backup of everything, just in case. This is
very very important!

Now, make the change in BIOS, boot from SCSI before onboard IDE, power down
system and physically switch HDDs, put the one from onboard IDE to siig
card, and the one from siig card to onboard IDE.

power up, and prey, it may work (windows may ask for reboot few times).  If
it doesn't, you will have to reinstall windows (if you really want to boot
from siig card), during first boot from XP CD, as soon as you see any
display, press F6, and keep doing it, unless you could see the message
"Press F6 if you have ..." disappear (this keep press F6 may sound overkill,
but just make sure you don't miss it), then you should be asked to press
"S", once you press S, you will get a screen to give you some instruction,
and press "S" again, then insert the siig driver disk into floppy drive and
press "enter". and just select the right driver and following the on screen
instructions. if your siig card didn't have a driver disk on floppy, you
will have to make one, most of them (IDE controller cards) have a program to
make such disk.

Jun Qian