From:
Tracey Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:11:20 -0600
Riccardo,

I am trying to do the same thing with a Wells-Gardener 25" monitor.
The only thing I can come up with was to get a pin out of the VGA output
connector and find what signals went to which pins.
I then found the red, green, and blue signals and connected them to the
monitor.
Then I needed the synchronization and grounding signals.
It seems that on the VGA output you have a different ground for each color.
I don't know why. I ignored all grounds. I got the synch signal and tried
hooking it up to different pins on the monitor, and finally got a signal
that was almost stable. The picture looked great, but the only bad part was
that there were two complete pictures on the monitor. I have written to
Wells-Gardener, but they say I cannot do what I want to do. They say the
monitor will not support it. I want to keep trying, because a 25" monitor
would look killer playing Quake 2.
If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you.