From:
Peter Ramins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:55:32 -0400
I have a client with a machine he recently upgraded - except for the
monitor. He doesn't want to change his monitor right now, but he has lost
the documentation for it, so getting it to work with a new video card in all
resolutions is proving to be a chore.

The video card is an STB Riva TNT with 16 megs, but the monitor is an old
Magitronic 14" he evidently bought in 1993. Highest supported resolution is
1024x768x8, but it will do 800x600x32. Strange.

Anyway, the problem is this: refresh rates and a non-multisync monitor. When
he changes resolutions, he frequently has to resize the image using the
monitor controls, and he wants me to fix this. I can't seem to find any
information on the web, magitronic.com is evidently defunct. Any
suggestions/specs?

I've tried using other 14 inch monitors supported by Win98, but with limited
success. There's always a resolution/color depth that either results in scan
lines or mismatched size.

Peter

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html