From:
Fran Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:56:03 -0400
Sounds like the CMOS battery is low or bad.
On most newer motherboards there is a flat battery  (look like a watch or
calculator battery). Every computer I have seen that has this type uses
battery no.2032.

If yours does not have this, look for a barrel shaped battery (most I have
seen were a light blue in color) and soldered to the board. Near that
battery there is usually 2-3 upright posts (jumpers) that can be jumpered.
Check the documentation for you mother board. It usually says something
like - disable on board battery, external battery, etc.). You can replace
his with regular AA or AAA batteries and a battery holder that you can
purchase at Radio Shack or similar electronics store.

If you need any more help, email me.

Fran