From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:20:35 -0400
I moved my kid's computer from a broken old box to a new one. In moving the mobo I did remove and reseat the video card, but aside from detaching the cables, I didn't move anything else.  The mobo fired up immediately, all the lights came on, it searched all the drives and lit up the LED on the floppy.  I could hear the HDD running, but I got one long beep followed by 3 short ones and zero video. The mobo is an older Tyan Trinity 400 1854 slot 1/socket 370 with 256 Mb of PC133.  The OS is XP Pro with SP2.  It worked perfectly before the move, no memory or video problems.

I removed the video card several times and reseated it, but that didn't fix the problem. The screen remains dark, a Samsung 17" LCD that is brand new. The HDD is a Western Digital 40 gig that is about 4 months old. As I said, everything worked before I moved it to a new box.  All the drives light up, all the LED's light up, and you can hear the HDD.  All suggestions are welcome.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL