From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:16:15 -0800
Help!  I just managed to get two modems to work in my system for a pretty speedy internet connection (averaging about 90,000-110,000kbps).  I am running Windows 98 and using multilink.  Now I want to allow my wife's computer to share my internet connection using Windows 98 internet connection sharing.  I am having a little trouble getting it installed on her system, however.  When I run the wizard I set up the internet connection to connect over the LAN.  Then it starts stepping me through the ICS process and tells me to click on the "Advanced" button to set up the connection.  I select the network card (3COM Etherlink III TPO PnP - ISA) in the advanced window as the network adapter and press "OK".  When I press "OK" I get an error message saying I need to select the network adapter, even though it shows the network adapter highlited in that field.  If I cancel, I cannot finish the wizard setup.  Does anyone have any experience with this setup?  Did I provide enough information?  Here is the system info:

Cyrix (eek) MII 233Mhz MMX
64MB RAM
3COM Etherlink III TPO PnP ISA NIC
Diamond Stealth II S220 4MB Video
Asound PnP Sound
Windows 98 - Fresh load - only installed Office 2k and Juno

I am running a peer-to-peer network with IPX/SPX, NetBui, and TCP/IP, using file and printer sharing.  Thanks in advance for any help.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html