From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:08:17 -0500
Unfortunately the answer to both of your questions are numerous reasons and
without detail information, it would be difficult to pin point the reason.
Even with the detail information, it could take considerable trouble
shooting, i.e. an unknown (which could be unlimited)  amount of hours,  to
find the cause of the conflicts or you could get lucky and find it on the
first of the hundred of thousands of possible causes.

The easiest way that I see is that since you do not want to use the
internal Winmodem and it seems that your two new peripherals are causing
conflicts  with  it, just physically remove the internal Winmodem.

I personally have two internal modems (one HSP and one DSP modem)  in my
office system and they work fine together even to the point of sharing
programs. So it is possible. But one must have some technical knowledge if
the PnP feature does not work to de-conflict them and a lot of time on
their hands.

BTW, I, being an OEM builder of computers myself, I can understand Micron's
position just based on the facts that I gave you above that it could be
caused by literally hundreds of thousands of reasons and with out them
being familiar with the product and/or tested it themselves in their
systems, it would be difficult for them to know what is causing the
problems. I suspect you also wanted them to give you~free~advise on why two
items that you did not buy with the computer and I suspect did not buy from
them did not work. Have you tried going to the people you bought the two
peripherals from and/or who made them and asked them why there parts will
not work in your computer?

May your holidays be joy-filled, fun and abundant,

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582/800-816-0663