Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:51:11 +1100
AMD says around 50c is fine. In my experience, keep the CPU under 55c. When
you run programs (eg games), CPU would be hotter than doing nothing (sit in
windows), so that if you see 50c when you boot into windows for 10min and
doing nothing, it will go to 55c if you play games. When your CPU hits 85c,
it will most likely crash your PC, I set my CPU threshold to 64c, but I
never let it runs over 55c (run Q3 NV15 demo half hour, than read the temp).

Different hardware monitor also gives different reading, keep this in mind.

Jun Qian