From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:24:38 -0400
Hi Michael,

I may be totally wrong, but I always thought that if you had only one
stick of memory, it needs to go into slot 0. Look in your manual for
the motherboard, and see if it specifies which slot is which. Ususally
slot 0 would be the one that's most inaccesible (*G*).
As far as I know, the computer should do a POST even without a
hard drive in, which also leads me to think the memory may not
even be inserted in tightly. Make sure you seat it properly if you
move it.
Another reply from the list suggested the motherboard is grounding
out. That would also be my first thought. The first time I built a
computer from scratch, I placed the motherboard flush against the
case, with pretty much the same symptoms. Thanks to this list, I
realized it needed standoffs, so I removed the board and put it back
in correctly. Hope that works for you.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME
> I went with the majority and inserted the RAM
> in the back slot.
>
> Unfortunately, at this point the computer will
> not POST.
[stuff snipped]

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml