From:
Russell Drop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:01:57 -0600
I have a Hp C5180 Photosmart printer  and have noticed the same problem.
When I first bought it the yellow ink cartridge went pretty fast and I
called HP up and they said it must have come with a starter cartridge.
Well to make a long story short I insisted on a new cartridge. I started
making out a log of the usage and when I have to replace a cartridge.
Well it seems real suspicious ,like Dean Kurkal said,  that one uses the
"black " ink option and it keeps using colored inks up. I think I have
proof now (with the log). Just wanted everyone to know Dean is not the
only one who has problems with HP Photosmart printers. Maybe others can
e-mail if they also have a problem,  this way we can document this with HP.

Russell

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com