Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:01:52 -0700
What ever you do, ORB or CD-R or RW, would be a better step than the Iomega
solution. Granted they have a huge installed base of product and they have
become the de facto removable storage device. However that being said, I
have been one that has had the misfortune of losing data due to the infamous
Click of Death on a Zip drive and a totally failed jaz drive. The Zip and 11
disks were replaced, out of warranty, which was nice. But I have a friend
who has had six Zip drives in his Dell. My jaz is a door stop. Non click of
death, not covered by extended warranty. All this said, the other thing is,
I belong to the Pasadena IBM user group, huge btw, and Iomega was there  in
August. They seem to be unable to admit that they have a problem, click of
death. They don't deny it, they just don't acknowledge it. Not a company
that I care to deal with again. My ten cents. I vote for CD-R.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA