From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:49:54 -0800
Venkat Viswanathan wrote;
> Thanks, but I think that I have not been able to convey correctly in my
>post.
> what I meant to convey was that two of these rivets had come out from
>their holes in the width of the oblong and one could sort of lift this
>portion to a slant since the other portion was rivetted firmly.

I read this and I understood what you were saying and meant. What I was
referring to was the capacitors on the board that might be malfunctioning
and causing the alarm or as was discovered, not the "HDD sound."

The article covered the possibility that maybe your board had some of these
defective capacitors. When they fail they will heat up and due to the fact
the solution is gone on the inside will heat up and burst. Or they will heat
up and cause anomalies which can go un-noticed during a hunt for a clue.

If you have tried everything else to silence the alarm you might want to
inspect these little towers to see if they are distended. This little things
have fried many motherboards and have taken other hardware with it.

Again this is just a thought about the alarm. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0604-0, 01/23/2006
Tested on: 1/23/2006 22:49:50

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>