From:
Brian Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 18:03:20 -0700
The best thing I can think of is NDD /Rebuild (Norton Utilities) that will
find any partitions on the drive and will also fix the boot record. if the
disk has gone physically bad then there are no solutions to resolve this
save for data recovery by a company such as drive savers or such. My moms
system lost the boot record last week for some unknown reason. turned it
off in the AM and that eve it wouldn't boot. NDD saves the day again!

Brian Coe
CM productions

At 12:32 PM 6/1/99 , you wrote:
>Folks,
>The subject says it all.  I have a friend who has the problem.  He can't
>boot the computer and that's the message he gets.  Happened suddenly with no
>apparent warning signs.  He's going to pack it all up and bring it to me
>tomorrow.  I'll have more information then.  All I know now is that it is a
>Gateway something.  He does not appear to have a Win95 boot disk and he's
>looking for any rescue CD's that came with the system.
>
>Any suggestions?  Or is it too early?
>
>Thanks
>Frank Stadmeyer
>W [log in to unmask]
>H  [log in to unmask]
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

The American Dream does not come to those who fall asleep.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html