From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:45:57 -0400
From: "Ultra" <[log in to unmask]>
> You did and did not get me wrong.
(snipped)

Fair enough...

> compare is unfair, since Maxtor has no top of the line
> drives to compare with WD,

I can't quote the facts as well as I'd like, but Maxtor
does have some high performance drives. (More below.)
Some of these are re-badged Quantum drives (Japan models)
from when they got the designs when they took over that company.

In any event, Maxtor has Performance and/or Multimedia
line(s) of drives.

An example of an older one would be: Model number:   6L080J4
D740X Ultra DMA133 7200 RPM - Performance Family

This may not be their best one. (I own a 20G I got directly from them.)

Hope this is better than ones you have seen.
(Otherwise we are just spinning our wheels.)

                       Rick Glazier