From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:16:50 -0400
The USB wiring "pin-outs" of your MB have to match the "plug"
numbering of the USB wire(s) that comes from the case...

If the USB case wire has lots of little plugs (instead of only one
or two big ones), it is easier to overcome any difference in
the MB wiring locations of the pins. Nine little sockets for nine
little wires seems like a dumb idea until you have this type of
situation...

You need to see the documentation for your MB to see how
the pins there are assigned, and then try to match what the
case wires expect to "find" on those pins...

If you need help, please post what the USB plug(s) from the
case look like and any markings on them, and the exact MB
model number.

Since USB sockets provide positive voltage and a ground,
I would be careful in matching the wires correctly and not
just switching them around till stuff happens to work...
                                            Rick Glazier