From:
Dianne Erdos-Rush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:08:46 -0500
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:21:18 EDT, Bud Jarman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>http://www.lavalys.com/
>
>Try the above address and download Everest home. It is a neat little program
>that will tell you exactly what is in your computer and you will know then
>what drivers will work with the hardware you have.
>
>    Bud Jarman
>    Portsmouth Va.
>
>              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                     support at our newest website:
>                          http://freepctech.com

I downloaded the Sound Max into the computer, I also downloaded what was supposed to be the driver for sound (the definition sounded perfect!)(mobo model M17 WBM with Intel 810E chipset with integrated Realtech audio AC97 and nopci slot sound card separately).  But 1) the computer told me it could not read the file called cd.id  and there was still no sound.  This was the suggestion of one of you very helpful computer folks, but I still seem to be getting no sound, and am getting really frustrated, as is my husband, who would like me to get away from in front of these two computers for a while!

I also downloaded Aida32, but the info I am looking for doesn't seem to be there.  This is what I got:
CPU Alias: Celeron III, Coppermine Lite, Coppermine 128
Motherboard Properties: Motherboard ID:  DMI
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Whitney i810E
AC'97 Audio Controller:  Intel 82801BA(m) iCH2x/m
Audio Controller Type: Analog Devices AD1887   41445362H

Does this mean anything to anyone?  When I opened the box and looked at the board, there was no visible number.  Also this computer has been upgraded many times, so the fact that the box itself is an IBM probably doesn't mean much.  Any ideas?
Dianne