From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:58:37 +0200
I can't think of many advantages as an end user for going for a dual
processor.
As a server yes.

The only advatage I can think of is if you use many apps that are
multi-threaded (I think is the correct term). Your OS also needs to support
multi-threading. AFAIK only the Windows NT/2000/XP of the M$ variety support
multi-threading.

Another advantage may be if you have programs running simultaneously (maybe
a database with huge tables being queried and a graphics program).

Cheers

Brendon

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml