From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:06:24 -0800
On Sunday, January 16, 2000 7:17 PM, "Jim Meagher" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My ISP is trying to convince me that the Lucent-based LT modems are
> more reliable and connect better than a USR hardware (not winmodem) modem.
> He says that the LT modems connect at 56K **all** the time.
>
> Does anyone have experience with the LT modems to support this claim?
>
> He also made the statement that:
> USR modems are famous for not being able
> to connect to other USR modems.
>
> Anyone want to comment on that?

<snip>

Jim -- You have already received some "excellent" info so I will not waste
anymore bandwidth with unnecessary comments.  I belong to another
"wonderful" mailing list and even some of you probably subscribe to it. This
subject is constantly debated (heatedly) and if you would visit the
following URL, you can run a context search of the archives to see the
"pros" and "cons" that many advanced users made regarding this particular
modem.  It is http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/WIN98-L.html
If you need help, I will be more than glad to narrow down the timeframe for
you.  HTH. :-)

Walter R. Worth

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html