From:
Michael Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:19:18 -0400
Hello:

I hope someone can shed light on this problem.  I have an older computer
bought in 1998.....ASUS P5A-b motherboard, never updated the BIOS, and I am
still using the vendor-installed video card (SIS6326 AGB 8MB).  This has
worked well.....I recently upgraded my display to a 19" monitor and wanted
to utilize the higher refresh rates.  So I bought a new video
card.......NVIDIA TNT2 M64 32mb..........installed it and now I am getting a
lot of computer hangs.  Sometimes it doesn't even boot to the desktop before
it crashes.  Uninstalled the new card, put in my old one and was once again
working with no problems.

I have scoured the net for answers and it seems that my M/B has some issues
with the TNT2 AGP boards.  I have read that I should change the bios for the
board and that would iron things out.  I also have seen that upgrading the
video drivers and agp drivers will help.

Has anyone solved this same problem with the same M/B?
Where do I get an update for the BIOS without shelling out $70?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Michael Schmidt

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com