From:
Leo Castillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:54:56 +0800
If I might add... I think I also heard somewhere that Win98 is optimized to
use 4K clusters? If so, then if you believe to the Microsoft line, you get
more space and faster performance with FAT32...

Regarding the space advantages of using 4K... c,mon it's obvious!! Just
check out how many small files you have!!! I just did a quick find of all
files below 4K and I got 1090 just from the Windows directory alone. If this
was FAT32, that would consume roughly 4MB... if this was FAT16 using 16k
clusters, that would be 16MB... and if it were FAT16-32K clusters, that that
would be 32MB!!!!

Just try it... search your hard drive using "find" go to advanced and select
"at most 4K". There's a lot of small files out there.