From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:08:07 -0500
Greetings,
A friend of mine wants to set up a branch office for his company.  He already has a dedicated W2K server with DSL access in the main office.  I'm assuming that he can use the Routing and Remote Access plugin.

What type of hardware will be required on the other office?  The branch office will have only 1 or 2 computers there, so we want to keep costs as low as possible while providing the necessary access.

The branch office is a long-distance call away so I'm thinking about using VPN access between the two offices rather than a true dial-up.  We've not checked, but believe that a broadband connection (cable or DSL) to be available at the branch location.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Thanks!
Ron Jobe

---