From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:19:33 EDT
Max,
Primary use for the computer is net surfing and just general everyday stuff:
MS Office, occassional game playing (I'm more of a game system, ie
Playstation 2, player, because I just don't have the money for serious high
end gaming performance on the PC). Nothing really graphic intensive, but I do
like whatever I do or play to look good. I have a 17 inch monitor currently,
its not the greatest, but does the job.
I basically just want a faster system..but not necessarily the latest and
greatest. I prefer to gradually upgrade to newer technology, but not all the
way to newest, to save lots of money.
Thanks for any recommendations you can provide.
By the way, based on another recommendation I found some prices, thought I'd
ask if this was a decent deal.
Asus A7V133 Mobo, AMD Duron 900 w/ cooling fan, 256mb of PC133 Ram, in a
bundle for $288.
Also, looks like a decent case w/ 300 watt power supply will run about 75
bucks, 16x DVD drive by Toshiba for about $80, and Gigabyte GA-GF1280
Geforce2 MX 32mb video card about $98.
Are these decent prices? Would these be a good cost efficient way to upgrade
my computer?
Thanks for your time,

Neal Collins
A+