From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:19:54 +0200
Hello Bharat,

Friday, June 11, 1999, 7:58:24 AM, you wrote:

BMA> Hi Max,

BMA> There's no printer setting available in this printer (Epson LX-300) to
BMA> disable paper end detector, paper detector etc. So I've run out of idea.

Don't give up!

As I remember [at least in Star printers] there are ESC/P commands
(inherited from Epson command set) that allow you to enable/disable
the paper end detector by software...

Now if anyone knows what exactly the code is, or you can search for
Epson ESC/P codes...

[5 minutes later]
not found anything on Epson, but on okidata's, @
http://cs.okidata.com/man172.nsf/Contents?OpenView

"Paper Out Override

Function Decimal ASCII

Enable paper-out override 27 57 ESC 9
Disable paper-out override 27 56 ESC 8

The paper-out sensor detects when there is less than one inch of paper remaining in the printer. When this happens, the alarm
lights comes on and the printer goes offline (deselects). Any unprinted data is saved and printed when paper is replaced in the
printer.

For documents where you want to print closer to the bottom of the page, send the ESC 8 command to disable the sensor.
"

Best regards,
 Max Timchenko               mailto:[log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html