From:
bobwarasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:51:20 -0400
> Bob:
> If you're going to install Linux in the near future, why not leave some
> unpartitioned space for it now? That way you don't need PM, and you don't
> place your XP installation in jeopardy when you install Linux. Just pop in
> the CD's and go. Most Linux distributions (Mandrake, RedHat, SUse, etc)
will
> find the unused space, take care of whatever Linux partitions you choose,
do
> the installation, and install the bootloader (LILO or Grub).
> Regards,
> Carroll Grigsby

Carroll,

OK I discovered how to format in the extended partition in FAT32.  On the
disk manager screen the default sets the cluster size so that ONLY NTFS is
possible.  I changed the cluster size to 32k and that allowed the FAT32
option under the assumption that choice of cluster size will leave less
wasted space.  I also left 5 MB unallocated for the LINUX installation at a
later date.

Bob Warasila

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com