From:
Rick Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:01:27 -0500
Hi,
I have a Pentium 133 with 64 Meg RAM running Win98.  Peripherals are a 100Meg Zip Drive, an Optic Pro Scanner, a Canon BJC4200 printer and a 33.6 Banksia Wave modem.  I recently formatted my HDD due to having far to much on the system. Now my printer won't work.  The printer is connected to the Zip Drive.  This arrangement has worked for over 4 years.  Now, having reinstalled the printer all I get is a message telling me it "can't detect cartridge type". When I choose "ignore" it tells me there is a problem with the printer and be sure it is online (it is).
 The Device manager tells me the printer is working just fine (NOT). I must confess to not using Canon cartridges due to their cost but this has never been an issue before.
    I have disconected the printer and tried again after deleting all the drivers and printer icons but to no avail.  The only other thing is that I have installed Adobe Acrobat which sets itself up as a printer but it is not the default.
  Any advice please?
Rick

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com