From:
Jim Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 07:51:44 -0500
I am new to computers, using about 2 years, and know nothing about under the hood stuff other than I added a modem and a CDROM to my first computer that someone gave me. I have a NEC Ready 9883 Pentium 2 333 processor. When I started up my computer a couple of day's ago, & everyday since. I receive this screen with all the nuts and bolt's listed on it with 2 short beeps and this message at the bottom saying,
Event log message enter setup
ERROR
020B0  Diskette drive A
ESC to resume
F2 to setup
I push resume and everything continues as normal.
But my floppy doesn't work, it does blink and makes a little noise when you first boot up in the morning but thats it. It used to take the disk from your hand electronically, I guess, but now you have to actually insert it like my old computer and it doesn't eject it either like the
re is no power to it or something. It is a Mitsubishi LS-120 COSM 05, according to information I retrieved looking under My computer in windows.I assume it is bad when I insert a disk I get a message- A: not accessibe. I thought about taking my old computer floppy out and try that but it looks like the cable and pins are a little different so I chickened out. So if you all agree that it is bad, where can I get one and does it have to be exactly the same thing? I think it might be costly, for me any way. Over the phone someone said about $150.00  I live in a very rural area and there no local stores for that sort of thing.
Thanks for any help:
Jim Richards

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html