From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 23:27:30 -0700
I have a mode 3 CD ROM slaved  to a AT drive on the only channel of a 1993
486 controller . OS is Dos 6.22 ,,,,, WFWG with Win32s. The setup works
fine except I can not exceed the 512 meg limit on the CD However the owner
has been using it like this and does not see it as a problem and he doesn't
want to upgrade the controller.
In WFWG I can enable 32 Bit disk and 32 bit file access and while I can
access the hard drive without a problem  I can not access the CD ROM when
in windows without a blue screen crash and a message that the device is
attempting to access the drive in a manner that is incompatible with 32 bit
drive access. I have no problems  running  with 32 bit file access on
either the drive or the CD.,,,,the problem occurs only with the CD when 32
bit access is enabled.
I seem to recall this as a known problem but I can not find any reference
to it in the MS knowledge bank........does anybody know if there is a
solution.

Mark