From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:07:06 -0700
Peter,

Are you burning the CD with the label attached? What type of label are you
using, permanent or removable? The burning may cause additional adhesion of
the label, "burning" it into the cd top layer, so to speak. Placing a
removable label onto the CD after burning may lessen this type of problem.

I remember Fred Langa's (Langalist) indicating that adhesive labels can
speed the deterioration of the disk and recommended a felt tip marker. I
routinely use a sharpie to mark CDs and haven't run into a problem yet.

Jim Maki

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml