From:
The Smith Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:54:02 -0700
When considering motherboards first consider what you have and what your
going to be doing application wise.I have built many systems all to a point
of stability and ease.I have found that of all the motherboards I have used
the best seam's to be the Asus P3B-f. I have tried several different cards
and a phenomenal amount of software and have found that this board has taken
everything I have thrown at it.They have a newer version of this board that
will accept higher than 800mhz Pentium's and one for the AMD Family.You can
build a medium/high tech system with this board but the memory is limited to
PC100. I don't know yet if the newer version of this board accepts Rambus
but I believe it does.If you are planning to overclock I would recommend the
Abit BE6 II REV II with the softmenu III which has also Tested well on the
proving grounds.Although this board does have an onboard ATA66 controller by
Highpoint.The 440BX chipset has been solid with this board.Before I purchase
a new release I always start ease dropping on the news groups and then head
to Tom's Hardware which have never let me down. If there is anything in
particular you would like to know feel Free to ask!

Hope this help's
Robert W. Smith

http://im.yahoo.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,