From:
Louise Gainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:49:20 -0400
First, I'd check the IDE cables one more time and make sure nothing is
reversed (stripe goes toward the power connector end), the same with the
floppy drive. Then I'd swap the IDE cables between the CD drives and the
hard drives on the mother board and see if the problem stays with the IDE
port on the motherboard or goes with the drives.  If the problem stays with
the drives, then double check the drive jumper settings (maybe leave the
primary master jumper off, I've had that work).

If the problem stays with the IDE port on the system board (transfers to the
CD drives) then your board could be going bad.