From:
Arif Ullah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 00:05:19 +0600
Hi everybody,

I have completed assembling a computer for my friend and I am having an odd
problem with the Sound Blaster  sound card. When ever I turn on the
computer, the speakers make a very high pitched noise for about 3 to 4
seconds and then everything runs normally. Other than the annoying
"Peeeeeeeeeep" sound, the sound card works perfectly and does not make any
unusual sound during shutdown.

I have checked that the card is seated properly in its slot, have changed
ISA slots , have properly installed all the drivers with no results.The
Problem occurs even before the computer goes in to POST, just as the power
switch is turned on. Could someone please shed some light on what might be
the problem? Below are the system specs:

Intel Pentium 200Mhz MMX
Shuttle HOT 569 MoBo with i430TX chipset (I have installed the TX patch but
no Bus Mastering)
S3 Virge DX/GX 2MB PCI VGA card
Quantum 4.3G HDD
Creative SB16 Sound card (Vibra16VX chip with Model No CT4170)
Creative Speakers

Running Win95 OSR2

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Arif Ullah

E-mail: [log in to unmask]