From:
Brian Gay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 19:45:36 -0800
I have another good one for everyone.  I finally was able to get into bios
once I disconnected my ps2 fellowes mouse.  I have an emachines p3 and with
this system you ahve to see the logo screen in startup and then hit delete
to get in.  Well I quit getting that logo about 3 months ago.  Never thought
twice till I had to replace the cmos battery and the date is messed up.  I
tried hitting delete, f1, you name it. No luck, just loads to win98. Well I
did the above , got the logo, went to cmos fix the date, plugged the mouse
back in and low and behold, 1980 again.  I figured about the logo and
realized when I changed the factory mouse this started.  ps2 should be the
same no matter, but apparantly not to this pc.  I even tried to connect the
mouse via serial port with an adapter.  No luck at all.  win98 insists on
ps2.  the other would have allowed the bios to stay correct.  I plan to try
another friends mouse tomorrow and see for sure.  Any comments greatly
appreciated.