From:
Cesar Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:38:36 -0500
This week I bought myself a TNT2 32MB, while surfing for info I found this
in 3dgaming.com:

"If we have to make a comparison to cars, the Voodoo3 could be compared to a
Chevy Camaro Z28, an incredibly fast car going in a straight line, but
probably not the world’s best sports car. The Rage128 would probably be a
Lexus GS400, not the fastest car, but an all around performer that can be
used to impress your boss. The Savage4 would be something like the Nissan
Skyline GT-R, one of the fastest and best handling cars in the world, with
some trunk space, but which works best when you are driving on the "wrong"
side of the road, like in England or Japan. Finally, I would liken the TNT2
to a Porsche 911 Turbo, which can, on average, beat any of the previous cars
under any conditions at any track, while impressing both your boss and your
friends. The TNT2 Ultra? That would be a Porsche 959. :)

To avoid making this review an nVidia infomercial, I must add that the TNT2
is not perfect. My perfect card would have the TNT2 speed, Rage128 DVD,
All-In-Wonder 128 Multimedia, Savage4 texture compression and AGP, and G400
image quality. Does this card exist? It probably does in some lonely
research lab somewhere in the United States, Canada, England, or Finland.
That’s what I want for Christmas."

One word of advice, I wouldn't buy any card with less than 12MB of RAM, this
way you ensure yourself nice performance at 800x600 resolution. And you
should prefer AGP over PCI.

In other words, of the 3 you mentioned, the AGP 16MB card would be my
choice.

Cesar Mendoza