From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:10:18 -0700
Donnie Mintz wrote:
>I bought an old Trigem Cognac Motherboard
>and has the most recent bios updates
>but when I connect  my HDD to it I get the message "NTLDR is missing".
>I have seen =
>the file on the drive, so I know that it is there not missing, and when =
>I reinstall it on my old computer it boots up just fine.
>I need to know is why is the Trigem board not recognizing =
>the NTLDR file so that it can load the OS

The following link may answer your questions.

What may be happening is, the BIOS of the old board is not being recognized
by the Trigen board. Each BIOS and board have their own set of guidelines.
When you introduce a drive that has been working properly from an old system
to a new system, the MBR information is foreign to the new board.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     support at our newest website: