From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:34:12 -0800
I have a weird problem that I haven't been able to figure out.  I'm missing
a little bit of information, so forgive me for the gaps.

I using a Dell Optiplex (can't remember the model number) 400MHz system with
256MB SDRAM (two un-matched 128MB DIMMs), 80GB WD HD, a 3Com EtherLink XL
10/100 PC 905C-TX card to connect to the internet, a Realtek RTL8019 LAN
adapter to connect to the local network, Windows 2000 Server, and Zone Alarm
Pro 3.5 for my firewall.  I have two workstations and a member server (for
testing stuff), as well as a D-Link DWL-AP900+ for a wireless connection to
two laptops that are occasionaly on the network.  The server is set up as a
PDC and is acting as an Internet gateway to my member server and
workstations using Internet Connection Sharing.

Here's the problem.  If I use FTP from the file server to connect to
external FTP sites, there is no problem.  If I use the member server or any
of the workstations I can usually connect to the FTP site, but as soon as I
scan for the directories or try to download a file the server blue screens,
gives me a minidump file, and reboots.  I cannot remember what file it is
complaining about when it does the dump.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Kyle Elmblade

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: