From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:33:30 -0400
Michael,
     There is an automated tool that might help with your situation.
It is called dial-a-fix and it automates the steps that Microsoft
seems to pile on for fixing the problem.  The details and download
information for it are here.
http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

hope that helps,
Derek Buchanan

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 5:47 PM, MICHAEL CAMPOBASS0
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello ...
>      I have 2 tabletop computers running Windows XP (home edition) both have Service Pack 3 installed.The PCs work normally and without problems. However, for the second time, I have noticed that while one Computer receives Microsoft Updates, the other doesn't although both are setup for Automatic Updates.
>
>      When I tried to force to look for updates, a box appeared that said:
> "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem"
> This computer used to receive updates normally in the past, not sure what has changed since then.
> Also there was error code:0x80070715.
>
>      I looked up that error code in Google and found lots of information and ways to fix the problems.. but all seem too complicated to me, I tried to follow one fix .. but  didn't work. It seem  that I need to  download an Agent that would coordinate the downloads from Microsoft to my computer.
>
> Can any of the fine technicians in this forum explain to me what am I dealing with and help me find a solution? I need a step by step instructions, please. Or direct me to a website that would have the instructions. Thank you for any help you may provide.
>
> Michael Campobasso
>

>               The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads
>              with the PCBUILD logo...  at a great price!!!
>             http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml