From:
Glen Sagers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:10:09 -0600
I wouldn't say you got short-changed.  I'm not familiar with the two-tray
drives, but I'm guessing you can only use one disc at a time in them.  Anyway,
yes, you'll have to copy material to a folder on your hard drive, and then
write it to CD.  Alternatively, get yourself another cd-rom drive ($40-50) and
copy directly from it.  Be warned though, that direct copying isn't always
terribly reliable.  It seems to depend somewhat on both drives.  Copy to HD and
then to disc is my preferred method, even though I get good results from my
cdrom and cd-r drives.

Glen Sagers

Bobby Sutton wrote:

> On a system I just bought locally , the CD-RW- DVD is all on a single tray,
> instead of the two disk  tray system usually found at the big retailers, I
> see where Gateway is using one like this, I guess for me to record off
> another disc I have to download to a folder on Hard Drive, the copy it to
> disc. Is the type of unit to become the norm now? I have heard that this is
> the thing to come . Did I get shortchanged on this ,? I do not plan to
> record or duplicate much if any, I mainly wanted it for backup. Thanks for
> any comments.
>
> Bobby Sutton

>                   http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                     visit our download web page at: