From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:06:18 -0800
  Since it's a dedicated IDE port (out on the ned of a USB cable), the drive
is not trying to master/slave on the port with any other drive (with which
it might be having compatibility issues).  It should be able to run as a
single master (or use the "cable select" setting) just fine.

David Gillett

On 7 Jan 2007 at 21:42, chipo chika wrote:

Date sent:      	Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:42:12 -0800
Send reply to:  	Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
From:           	chipo chika <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        	Re: [PCBUILD] Hard drive failure
To:             	[log in to unmask]

> Thanks for the information. What functionalities does the inclosure
> posses that will help with therecognition of the drive?
>

> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 02:33:55 -0800, "David Gillett"
> <[log in to unmask]> said:
> >
> > On 6 Jan 2007 at 0:53, chipo chika wrote:
> >
> > > How do I connect the drive through USB? My drive is the IDE type
> >

> >   You purchase an external drive enclosure, which takes an IDE drive
> > internally and connects it to a USB port.  These enclosures run about
> > $15-
> > $30, depending on features.
> >
> > David Gillett
> >
> >         The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
> >            web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
> >               Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com
> --
>   chipo chika
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml