From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:05:50 -0600
Well, this is supposition on my part, but I recall early Pentium Pro
motherboards that supported memory interleaving required at least two banks
of memory to be populated...

Interleaving means that first one bank, then the next is accessed.  If
you've only got one bank populated, it will be kind of hard to access the
other.  It provides a bit of a performance gain because as one bank is being
refreshed, the other can be accessed.  Of course, the key is to have two
DIMMs...and I suspect that they must both be the same size.  Is the memory
Micron or Crucial?  If it's Crucial Technologies (a brand of Micron's), you
can call their tech support department at 1-800-336-8916 to get more info.

Drew Dunn
Check out the BurbCam!
http://adsl24.bois.uswest.net/drew/hood.html