From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 04:53:58 -0500
From: David A. Bradel :Subject: [PCBUILD] Abit BE6-II and Mxtor 7200 rpm
drives

> To David Ray:
> I have the following configuration on my desktop:
>
> Maxtor 15 Gig 7200 rpm on the first UDMA 66 Channel set as master
> Maxtor   8 Gig 5200 rpm on the first IDE UDMA 33 Channel set as master
> HP 9100i as master and a Creative DVD 5x as slave on IDE Channel two
>
> In BIOS I have set the first boot device to floppy, the second boot
> device to UDMA 66 and the third device to CD ROM
>
> Hot Rod 66 must be installed and when you see the BLUE SCREEN -
> HIGHPOINT on first boot, press Ctrl/H. This will allow the option to set
> the the Maxtor 7200 in Hot Rod as the boot hard drive.
>
> My system seems to be running fine with no crashes and high bench marks.
> Hope this works for you.
>
> Dave Bradel [[log in to unmask]]

Dave,

The Hot Rod 66 is  Abit's PCI Ultra DMA66 IDE controller card, the BE II
comes with the onboard Highpoint366 controller.   The Hot Rod 66 and the
Highpoint366 have different BIOS's, so make sure that if you upgrade the
BIOS you select the correct BIOS.  The BIOS upgrade for the Highpoint366 is
usually included with the motherboard BIOS.  The Highpoint366 BIOS does not
allow for selecting the boot drive as that is done through the system's
BIOS.

Mary Wolden