From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 00:42:05 EST
Michele Sayer writes:

> >Can someone tell me what exactly happens when the RAM needs to be replaced?
> >I have a feeling this it what I need to be doing shortly, but rather than
> >waste money (and time), maybe someone can give me an idea of some of the
> >symptoms of bad RAM.
> >Thanx in advance.
> >Michele Sayer

What timing.  Caught the following on Lockergnome just the other day.  Can't
vouch for the program, but looks to be just what you need (and the price is
right.)

"MemTest v1.2 [9k] W9x/2k/XP FREE
<A HREF="http://www.mywebattack.com/gnomeapp.php?id=105570">http://www.mywebattack.com/gnomeapp.php?id=105570</A>  MemTest is a RAM
reliability tester. It evaluates the ability of your computer's memory to
store and retrieve data. A correctly functioning computer should be able to
do both these tasks with 100% accuracy day in and day out. A computer that
fails these tests, perhaps because of old hardware, damaged hardware, or
poorly configured hardware, will be less stable and crash more often. By
running MemTest, you can ensure that your computer's RAM is functioning
correctly. Unlike other memory checking software, MemTest is designed to find
ALL types of memory errors, including intermittent problems. Therefore, it
needs to be run for several hours to truly evaluate your RAM. MemTest works
with any type of memory. [MWA]"

William Closure