From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:58:01 EDT
I have a Gem 19" monitor, about 3 years old.  Periodically, the white areas
on the screen turn slightly yellow/brown, not unlike leaving a newspaper in
the sun for a few days.  It's not extreme.  (In fact, my 15 year old was
rather skeptical when I asked if he noticed anything strange, but then that's
the usual response I get from him on most counts)  Obviously it's enough for
me to notice, but not so much so that I would ask a teenager for affirmation.

Is the monitor going?  What about the catchall solution, a thorough air
blasting of the inards (understanding that I could be self-administering
electroshock therapy?)

Thoughts?

William Closure