From:
Dianne Erdos-Rush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:09:46 -0500
Hi,
After the computer crashed, I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro.  I got a strange error message at the same point two times.  So I thought, well, maybe the disk is corrupted or something.  So I attempted a clean install of Windows XP Home.  Same message, same time:
A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN.  BAD_POOL_CALLER

FOLLOW THERE STEPS TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM:
-CHECK TO MAKE SURE NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.
-IF PROBLEM PERSISTS DISABLE OR REMOVE NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
-DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CHACHING OR SHADOWING
TECHNICAL INFO:  STOP: 0X0000008E
                       KMIXER.SYS - ADDRESS FAE30B08

I dont understand, I was installing the operating system, no hardware was attached to the computer except the mouse and the monitor and the keyboard.  No software was installed since it was a clean install - hard disk formatted.
I unfortunately did get the exact specs on the computer, it has 128 MB of RAM.
Help.
Thanks a million.
Dianne

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads